Friday, September 26, 2014

UpCycled Vintage Typewriter Table

     Can you believe this vintage typewriter table was heading for the dumpster?!  I begged convinced the owner that I needed it.  I knew it would be perfect in our kitchen.
     Here is the Before.  She was just a drab beige typewriter table.  Still sturdy and mobile, though dusty and sad.
     A few spritzes of spray paint and HELLO GORGEOUS!  Hammered copper finish on top with black legs.  I added a coordinating shelf made from a tray I already owned.
     This repurposed typewriter table is sturdy enough to hold my Kitchen Aide.   Our Kitchen Aide is one of the most frequently used appliances in our kitchen.  Now it is so much more convenient.  I do not have to lift it out of a cabinet, or have it take up precious real estate on my countertop.  I can push it over to the counter for mashed potatoes or use it by our baking center when making cookies.
       Here's how:
  • Rust-Oleum Hammered Copper Protective Enamel Spray Paint
  • Rust-Oleum Semi-Gloss Black General Purpose Spray Paint
  • Rust-Oleum Clear Spray Paint
  • Frog Tape
  1. I removed the castors and put them safely aside.
  2. I taped off the top and then sprayed the legs black.  I gave it two coats.
  3. When the black was dry, I taped it off and sprayed two coats of copper on the top, including the undersides.  
  4. The tray received the same treatment.  
  5. Everything was coated with the clear spray paint to add a layer of protection.
  6. Finally, the castors were replaced.
     One more look.  Sigh.  I just love it.

     I think this would even be wonderful in a bedroom as a nightstand.  

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover