Monday, March 4, 2013

Altered Sephora Gift Box

     My wonderful husband gave me perfume for Christmas from Sephora.  The perfume came in a nice gift box.  The box was sturdy and a nice size.  It also had a hinged lid with velcro on it.  A DIY project in the making!
Materials:  Box, 12 x 12 scrapbook paper, scissors, Modge Podge, paint brush to apply the Modge Podge, and a flower embellishment.
     I rather liked the black and white stripes on two sides of the box, so I opted to leave them as they were.  The scrapbook paper was cut to the  measurements of the top and sides of the box.  A coat of Modge Podge was added, and the paper was put in place.  I layered Modge Podge over the top of the scrapbook paper.
     The paper contrasts beautifully with the black and white stripes.
     The inside of the box is a glossy black. To add a little interest,  I added a piece of scrap paper cut to echo the curve on the top flap.
      Finally, the box was embellished with a silk flower that I had in my stash.  I think that it came from Hobby Lobby.
     This project was simple and quick to do.  I will use the box to put notecards and envelopes in.

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover