Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sunlight


Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory 
    in the heavens. 
 Through the praise of children and infants
    you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
    to silence the foe and the avenger.
 When I consider your heavens, 
    the work of your fingers, 
the moon and the stars, 
    which you have set in place,
 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?
 You have made them a little lower than the angels 
    and crowned them with glory and honor. 
 You made them rulers over the works of your hands; 
    you put everything under their feet: 
 all flocks and herds, 
    and the animals of the wild, 
 the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea, 
    all that swim the paths of the seas.
 Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!
~ Psalm 8


13 comments:

Lisa said...

How pretty!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Absolutely gorgeous image! I'm not sure if it's a sunrise or sunset. It doesn't really matter when the view is so spectacular! Great shot!!

joan said...

Love your photo and the scripture you paired with it. I too selected a scripture from Psalms in which David described God's majesty. So glad I stopped by your place.

caryjo said...

I live in Psalms so often. And enjoy them immensely. They touch my heart and encourage me so often. This is a good one, to say the least. AND love the photo. Glorious.

Jennifer Richardson said...

yes, glad yes to every heartbeat of praise
and the canvas stretched out
to show his kindness
that you've captured so beautifully!
thanks for the stir,
Jennifer

Bev said...

What a beautiful picture.... and the Psalm is so true!!

Deidra said...

This one always makes me stop at that part about being made a little lower than the angels. How incredible is that?

diana said...

What a grand picture!! And lovely pairing with the psalm, too. Thank you.

Thoughts for the day said...

wow... the picture is amazing. The words are full of deep thought.

Sandra Heska King said...

These colors--ahhh. I could gaze on this for hours. And one of my favorite passages of scripture.

Aleta Schrock said...

I love the colors! It's an interesting shade of blue for a sky and water.

Mrs. T. said...

Lovely. Mine this week is of the sun rising over the ocean, paired with a different scripture.

Unknown said...

Perfect picture! I love this verse. Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower.

Pin It button on image hover