Friday, March 9, 2012

Project 52: Be Still

For the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; 
the flowers appear on the earth; 
the time of the singing of birds is come, 
and the voice of the turtledoves is heard in our land. 
 The fig tree puts forth her green figs, 
and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.  
And the groom says to His bride, 
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
Song of Solomon 2:11-13
     The verse that I included in the picture is from Psalm 46:10.  I was blessed by the lovely crocus blooming in my garden.
     I also used this photo for a post about the loss of a dear friend.  You may read that post here.  
     Which season of the year is your favorite?  For more great photos of "Be Still," visit Darcy at my3boybarians
Happy Spring!
-Donna

12 comments:

Mrs. T. said...

Lovely photo. I used the same verse in my photo post.

Foursons said...

Wow, what beautiful flowers and I love the depth of field. What a great shot!

I needed this verse today. Sometimes I feel like if I wasn't in charge of everything that things would go to h-e-double hockey sticks in a handbasket. And...they did last night. (Today's post will fill you in if you are interested.) So, so frustrated.

kelly said...

i love this verse. i think your beautiful photo (love that bokeh btw) captures this sentiment perfectly.

Kim Stevens said...

I love this verse too, so simple yet so profound! Love your tulips!

Chelsea said...

Love the bokeh in your shot! They do look like tulips in that shot...I'm missing seeing the tulips bloom in my yard this year. We bought potted tulips for my mom's funeral because she died at the beginning of spring. We planted them, and every year I watch them bloom and remember her. Thanks for the reminder!

Bridget said...

I'm sorry about your friend. Beautiful shot! The bokeh is gorgeous!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

What a lovely image. Your friend, Denis, sounded like he was an incredibly good friend to your family and has provided you with a wonderful array of memories to help get through this difficult time.

Media Goddess said...

Very pretty flowers!

Christina said...

Love this! I did yellow tulips and the same verse in my post/shot this week too! :) http://thefrugalhomemaker.com/2012/03/10/p52-be-still/

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Gorgeous photo. So much to praise god for as we look around.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Beautiful photo! Come by and enter to win a custom photo card from etsy shop Simply Rosy.

http://southernscraps.blogspot.com/2012/03/friday-feature-simply-rosy.html

Unknown said...

very pretty photo!

http://lighttrigger.blogspot.com/2012/03/10-parado.html

Pin It button on image hover